To offer subscription options on a product page within your store, you must add your product (or variant) to a plan group.
Creating a Plan Group
Therefore, before you can apply products to a subscription plan, you must first create a plan group:
- Within Assemble, go to Plans.
- Select Add group, and enter your plan group's labels into the fields.
- Select Create selling plan, and enter your plan's title, label, billing rules, and pricing settings.
There are two different methods of adding products to a plan group: through Products within your Shopify admin, or within the app.
Adding Products vs. Adding Variants
You can add either products or variants to your plan group.
By adding a product to your plan group, customers will be able to subscribe to any of the variants your selected product may have.
However, by adding the variant of a product to your plan group, customers will only be able to subscribe to that specific variant.
Method 1: Within Your Shopify Admin
- Within your Shopify admin, go to Products.
- Select the product you wish to add to your subscription plan.
- Scroll down to Subscriptions.
- In the upper right-hand corner, select Add option > Select existing option.
- Select the plan group you wish to apply to your product.
- Click Save.
Method 2: Within The Assemble App
- Within the Assemble app, go to Plans.
- Select the plan group you wish to apply your product to.
- Scroll down to Products and Variants.
- Select either Add a product or Add a variant.
- Select the product or variant you wish to add to your plan group, and click Save.