Product badges are labels which appear on images of certain products on your product and collection pages when there is noteworthy information about the product available.
By default, there are certain badges which the theme automatically applies to products:
- New (appears on the collection page if the default sorting method is By date: Newest to oldest)
- Popular (appears on the collection list pages if the collection’s default sorting method is set to By best selling)
- Sold out (appears on any product that is out of stock according to Shopify’s own inventory tracking feature)
- Low stock (displayes Only [number] left if any item in your shop meets your configured low stock indication)
- Percent off (displays [Percentage]% off on any item in your shop if you have set a Compare at price in your admin settings)
Step 1: Go to Your Product's Settings
Select the product that you wish to add a custom badge to.
- Within your Shopify admin, go to Products.
- Select the product that you wish to add a badge to.
Step 2: Add a Badge Tag
Enter your chosen text as a badge tag to display it on your product.
- Scroll down to Tags.
- In the entry field, type badge__ (with two underscores, not one)
- Directly after the two underscores, enter the text you wish to display on your product.
- Press enter to secure the tag.
❌ 'badge_[Your chosen text here]'
✅ 'badge__[Your chosen text here]'
Step 3: Check Your Product Page
If your badge tag has been entered correctly, it should now be present on your products.