Within your Shipping & Tax settings, you can enable bundle shipping fees and make your bundles eligible for taxation.
However, this will take into account the costs and location as set through your Shopify settings, so it's important to ensure these are correctly set up:
To edit your shipping settings within Shopify:
- Within your Shopify admin dashboard, go to Settings.
- Click Shipping and delivery.
- Under Delivery methods at checkout > Shipping, select Manage rates.
To then edit the tax and shipping preferences through Bundle Builder:
- Go to Bundles.
- Select the bundle that you would like to edit.
- Select Shipping & Tax.
- Taxable - this allows you to make your bundles eligible for taxation (you cannot change this setting once your bundle has been created).
- Requires shipping (when creating a Single SKU Bundle only) - this allows you to enable costs on sending or shipping products to other countries. When this option is selected, Bundle Builder will use the default shipping options/charges that are applied in your Shopify theme's product settings.
The option to make your bundle Taxable cannot be changed once your bundle has been created.
You also have the option of entering the following information:
- SKU (when creating a Single SKU Bundle only) - this allows you to input the Stock Keeping Unit for the bundle product.
- Vendor - this allows you to input the name of the vendor.
- Variant prefix - this allows you to change the prefix before the bundle number - this is generally used as a reference number that the customer can quote (for example, if they need to make a return).
Applying Shipping to Your Bundle
When it comes to shipping your bundles, Multiple and Single SKU act differently; while these costs appear at the checkout stage, the information pulled for this is different for each SKU type.
Multiple SKU - This takes into account each profile set at the individual product settings.
Single SKU - This only applies the general shipping information (or default), set to the store.
Applying Tax to Your Bundle
When it comes to taxing your bundles, Multiple and Single SKU once again act differently; while these costs appear at the checkout stage, the information pulled for this is different for each SKU type.
Multiple SKU - The discount is proportionally applied to all products in the bundle, then the tax is computed from all taxable products using the rate for the selected products.
Single SKU - This depends whether the bundle is enabled for taxation, which is determined when a bundle is created:
- If the bundle is taxable - tax will be applied to the final discounted price of the bundle, no matter if the products in the bundle are themselves taxable or not, tax rate is taken from the bundle "dummy" product, not individual products.
- If the bundle is non-taxable - no taxes will be applied, no matter if the products in the bundle are themselves taxable or not.
Configuring the Shipping Location
Bundle Builder currently only supports the default shipping location set within your Shopify admin space.
Our development team are looking into adding support for multiple shipping locations; for the time being, you will need to limit your bundles to only contain products available at your default shipping location.
Configuring the Bundle Weight
As long as your products are correctly set up with the correct weight in Admin > Products, Bundle Builder will assign the correct shipping weight at the checkout. Therefore, there is no need to add the weight of your bundles manually to your Dummy Product Page - doing so can even result in your bundle weights showing as incorrect.
Still need help?
Email our friendly support team with your query: email@example.com.
So that we can best help, please ensure you provide key details including:
What your query is about
Which theme you are using
Your .myshopify.com URL
Your .myshopify.com password (if the shop is locked for visiting customers)
Any screenshots that may help us resolve your query as quickly as possible.