Product Media refers to multi-media assets on the Product Page template, including:
- 3D Models
Shopify's Product Media functionality has been built into your theme, allowing you to add these types of file to your storefront to advertise your products.
When product images are shown side by side on your collection pages, they have different sizes. To make your images appear to be the same size, ensure that you use consistent aspect ratio, or height-to-width ratio.
- Ideal file type: JPEG.
- Maximum pixel size: up to 4472 x 4472 px, or 20 megapixels.
- Maximum file size: 20MB.
- Ideal size for square images: 2048 x 2048 px.
You can add videos by embedding a YouTube or Vimeo video link, or uploading a video.
If you are uploading a video file, make sure that it meets the following requirements:
- Video length: Up to 60 seconds
- Video size: Up to 1 GB
- Video resolution: Up to 4K (4096 x 2160 px)
- Video file type: .mp4 or .mov
In browsers that support streaming, videos display in either 480p, 720p, or 1080p (depending on the viewer's connection speed and the resolution of the uploaded video)
In browsers that do not support streaming, videos display in the highest resolution available.
3D models can provide your customers with a better sense of the size, scale, and the details of your products.
- Recommended file size: 6MB or under.
- Maximum file size: 15MB accepted.
- File type: GLB.