Step 1: Download a Translation App
Before you can begin selling in multiple languages, you will need to download a translation app from the Shopify app store.
- Visit the Shopify App store.
- Choose a translation app and select Install app.
- Follow the steps to install the app into your storefront.
Step 2: Set Your Selling in Multiple Languages Requirements
Before you begin, make sure your store meets the requirements for selling in multiple languages.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Settings
- Click Store languages
- In Translated languages, click Add Languages
- Within your translation app, follow the steps to translate your store's content and publish new languages.
- Click Preview to view different languages in your online store. You can preview both published and unpublished languages.
Step 3: Enable the Language Selector
To allow your customers to change the language of your store, you need to enable the language selector within your theme. You can do this either through your Header section, or your Footer section.
- Within your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- Go to your selected theme, and select Customize.
- Under your sections, select either your Header or Footer section.
- Scroll down to Language Selector, and select Show language selector.